I TAKE ORDERS

The projects I display on my blog are not for sale but if you are interested to purchase story characters or bunnies, teddies as hand puppets email ME.

Friday, April 16, 2010

welcome to my doll creations


I created this blog for my rag dolls and puppet creations.I started this passion of doll making in 1975 and through the years I made many dolls and puppets which I offered as gifts to children of my friends, colleagues and neighbors.Here is my full body bunny, called Charley, born in 1975 in Bucharest, Romania.

Charley was entirely handmade, at the time I didn't know how to use the sewing machine.The thrill of these dolls was also the fact they were my own creation, no pattern and no machine to help me.

Later I made patterns of my own designs but I still couldn't make two dolls alike after the same pattern; I found I can have more fun if I changed the elements, keep my creativity fresh and my interest vivid.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elly!
    I tried to post a comment yesterday, but the internet was "imposible"!...Well, I just want to let you know how much I like your handmade bunny, the first design, always is special...is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchisimas gracias, querida.Yes, I kept my first doll bunny to remind me of my early doll making.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave your thoughts here.